Sunday 3 August 2014

My Sick Days? Not so bad.

Yes, I was officially the sick buddy of Lian (Jonathan) on the 8th day stay in Bario. Fortunately for me, my condition was not as bad as Lian. Seeing how he had to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom to throw up, I feel you buddy. We’ve been through the same thing. *Sigh* 

Feeling hopeless about my own condition, I felt extremely uncomfortable and bad because I was not able to help Tepu’ Sina Rang and Rinai. All I could feel was my stubborn stomach badly filled with cold air, making my entire body shiver badly. It was the worst stomach cold I could ever have at the wrong time, wrong place. 

Not having the appetite to eat anything, my friend Rinai, insisted to prepare warm porridge for sick buddy Lian and me. We were pampered patients, fed by Momma Rinai. Feeling down by my own weakling condition, overwhelmed by having one of my Sina leaving for Miri, tears streamed down my face non-stop after having two spoons of porridge. I kept forcing myself to stay awake but the exhaustion was too much that it failed me, I slept. 

After waking up from my restless slumber, I dragged myself to walk around the longhouse, realizing that it would not do me any good if I kept lying on the bed. When I went back to the dining hall, I was extremely lightened up by what I saw. Tepuq Sina Rang was doing bead work, one of my favourite childhood hobbies. I got interested, so I sat in front of her and asked her if I could join her. 

I was quite fascinated by all the beads that she had, they were unique in colour and shapes. They were beautiful, so I asked, “Tepuq , can I use some of your beads to make bracelets?“ Smiling at my interest of wanting to try, she replied me, “Of course! Why not? Try making lots of them if you want to!” My heart melted, her words touched me, I was very happy right after she gave me the permission to do so. I set off to work, having the kinds of bracelets I wanted to make in mind. 

Delighted, I pull out a string and measured it on Tepuq’s hand. Then, slowly, I threaded the beads different beads in order. 10 minutes later, I finally made a black and red colour bracelet for her. 

For Tepuq Sina Rang

When I presented her the bracelet, I was happy that she was happy to see what I did for her. My excitement grew, so I thought, why not make one for Mom as Mother's Day present and for my two sisters as souvenirs? 

For Mom

For eldest sister

For second sister

And yes again, I did. I was so happy. After I finished everything, I just realized that it was Kijan’s (Ashley's) birthday that day, so I rushed to make another bracelet for her as a birthday present. 

For Kijan, Happy Birthday!

Although I was sick for three days, I felt that it was not as bad as it seemed. Stay strong and stay happy, that’s what brings happy patients recovery!

On a side note: 
Thank you Sigang and Ganet, for massaging me and taking care of me late night. 
Thank you Rinai, for cooking porridge and reminding me and buddy Lian to take our medications. 
Thank you Mariam, for putting four blankets on me to keep me warm. 
Thank you Supang Kecil, for giving me warm hugs 
Thank you Kijan and Aping, for cheering me up. 
Thank you Mujan and Dayang, for washing my plate for me when I had bad hand rashes. 
Thank you sick buddy Lian, for sharing 100 plus. 
Thank you Tepuq Sina Rang, for having me around, treating me like your own family member, paying attention to me when I fell sick. 
Thank you Project WHEE!, for making me and my batch mates bond well. Loves to all. 

  
*As a courtesy, I paid Tepuq with the bracelets I made. 
Good Deed makes Good Days ahead, why not do the same?
Ruran
Ji Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment