Saturday 2 August 2014

How someone affected me in Bario

In our life, we can admire a lot of people. But, how other people impact our lives is more important. He/ She could affect us either positively or negatively.




Aunty Dayang is the lady who I admire the most when I was in Bario. She is an independent woman as she can do a lot of things on her own. She knows how to sew, plant paddy and pineapples, and she knows how to dance the Kelabit traditional dances. Compared to her, I know nothing. But I have learned a lot from her.

Her will to sacrifice her own time to do anything that can protect or promote her own place - Bario affected me a lot.

There are a few reasons for me to say so:

  • Aunty Dayang is a volunteer at the Bario Airport. The payment that she receives is not very high, but she is still willing to work. This shows that she genuinely loves her home.
  • She is also the tour guide who will bring tourists to the Prayer Mountain which is very far away from her house. She is very proud of her home and is confident to promote to others.
  • She sews other children's torn shirts for free, as she knows that others also live difficult lives. So, she will never or rarely accepts money from them.
  • She still wants to stay at Bario although she lives alone while her children and husband are studying and working in a city. She says that she likes the Bario life and will do something for Bario. How about you? How often do you go back to your hometown in a month?


This is how Aunty Dayang affected me.

After I came back from Bario, I have decided to organise a motivational camp for my juniors in my previous primary school. This is because it is the only activity that I can think of to contribute to my hometown - Pedas, Negeri Sembilan. There is so much work to do, so much responsible to take on and also the lack of financial support. But, I don't mind! I will find ways to solve it, and have the camp anyway.
If my juniors appreciate the camp I organise, I will be very happy and accomplish it. It will also be considered as a gift for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment