Saturday 2 August 2014

My Little Kampung Adventures: Part 2

RAIN ADVENTURE WITH XARA AND VIO
One Tuesday, our lovely friend Violacea decided to bring Xara and me to the paddy field. She wanted to do a role-play activity with her beautiful Tepu Ribet. She asked our help to act as foreign tourist. Xara and I were so excited to visit the paddy field so we agreed to act as tourists. The paddy field was about a kilometer walk away. We walked halfway to the paddy field and suddenly Xara heard some noise. The conversation went like this..
Xara: “ Eh Divya! What noise is that?”
Me: “ I think tractor la! Eh, no la, I think waterfall!”
Xara: (looking at the back) “Oh my God! It’s raining and it is coming towards us!! Run!”

Violacea started running forward and we both followed her. Instead of running towards the road, we ran into the woods. Violacea covered herself with a hoodie while Xara had an umbrella. I joined Xara  but it was no point because we were already soaked by the rain. We were laughing like maniacs while running. We reached at Tepu Ribet's paddy field and sheltered under an unfinished long house. It was really fun actually! We had a good 2 hours of talk and it was worth it! 

It was a "mudfull and wetfull" experience I guess.Hahaha. I truly appreciate those two hours of talking with my close friends as it gave me opportunity to know and understand them deeper. I don't think I would have chances to bond with my friends back in Kuala Lumpur because all of us would be rushing to complete our assignments and  stuff.


Ade masa untuk selfie lagi dengan camera Xara
Having lots of fun with the mud!
                              


LEARNING TO BATH IN COLD WATER
Since small I never experienced bathing in cold water because I am not exactly a fan of it. My mum would always boiled water and bathed me until I reached six years old. Then, my dad bought a water heater as a present for me when I was seven because I actually asked for it as one! To be honest, I did not disclose this information to Rhon and Dan during the interview session because I really wanted to join this project. No matter how hot the weather is, I would still shower with hot water as I am used to it. In Bario, the water is literally like ice water and a single drop of water on your body would make you shiver and your legs will be dancing on its own. The same thing happened to me too!

 I was so afraid to bath in cold water so before going to shower, I will motivate myself that I am actually going to enjoy my shower and the water is very hot that it would burn my skin ( not exactly burn my skin but just adding some overdramatic touch here!). I am pretty sure that no one would even think of praying before bathing right. But in my case, I actually prayed and "talked" to the icy cold water to be good to me! I know that you will be thinking that it is such a childish act to perform. But trust me, I was terrified at that moment and when you scared you don't know what you are doing. I will count from one till five before pouring the water on myself! Believe it or not, It helped me a lot (like seriously a lot). It took 4 days for me to get used to with learning to bath in cold water.no..no..ICY COLD WATER!

I told this story to my mum and dad,the response I received from them was what I expected. They claimed that I was a 'spoiled' child and laughed like there was no tomorrow.

BIKE EXPERIENCE WITH JESS 


I had always wanted to ride a motorbike on my own but how can I ride a motorbike when I don't even know how to balance a bicycle! I rather be pillion rider than the rider itself because of my "amazing" riding skills.

One evening, Jess and I was bored and we did not know what to do because all the others went for a walk around the village while we both were washing the toilet. So,we were chilling at the verandah and suddenly I saw a red motorbike parked right beside a small mountain of dry mud. I told Jess about it with a cheeky and devilish grin on my face. Well,we both exchanged mischievous glances as we knew what was going in our mind! We found the owner of the bike at the bottom room of the longhouse and asked his permission to use the bike. 

Later we found out that the owner of the bike is actually Tepu Sinah Rang's adopted son. He was super sweet and did not even ask us any other questions except for why we need the bike for. If the same situation happens in Kuala Lumpur, I guess that the owner would have mistaken us as robbers and chase us away from the place! The bike ride with my lovely Jess was awesome punya awesome punya awesome. You get what I meant right? We went to all the places around Arur Layun and Bario Asal. 

We also went on mission, finding the location of Bario's Prayer Mountain and ended up at a dead end. We stopped by at the paddy fields and took some pictures but it was all blurred ones!Hehe. There was just so many things to see and I was so excited upon seeing a buffalo! I was jumping and telling Jess about the buffalo. I had never seen a buffalo in real life except in movies and flashcards and so on. On the other hand, Jess was so cool and she just said "Div,it's just a buffalo" because she was so used to seeing buffalos at her kampung in Seremban. Jess rode the bike fast enough that the tip my hair went inside my mouth. I know its disgusting but I cant help it. It was really a super day for me with Jess and I truly appreciate her as one my best friends because we both know so much about each other in a short period of time!



No comments:

Post a Comment