Friday 1 August 2014

Day 4 in Bario


How much I love the weather in Bario. This is probably one of many reasons why I could not wake up in the morning. *cough*

It was our first day of official teaching and I just couldn't wait to meet my aunty Tagung. Her house is just few houses away from the home stay I am currently living at. So basically I am the second most luckiest participant amongst all since I can have extra time to enjoy my breakfast before meeting up with my aunty at 8 o'clock in the morning.

My day started off pretty normal. At first I panicked that I didn't see her around so I decided to sit outside of her house and wait for her to turn up. Thank God my patience paid off, after waiting for 30 minutes and I saw her coming back! Probably from the kebun. Anyway, it's good to see her again.

Since she is a chatty person, I chose to have lots and lots of conversations to communicate with her in order to make sure she gets used to speaking English. It went pretty smoothly and she started to pick up that language more comfortably. She can speak moderate English and is capable to interact with tourists that live at her homestay. So, it seems to be easier for me to just correct her grammar mistakes and also to teach her to use a more appropriate term to describe an object or an event. In short, my teaching job is to practice speaking English with her! (P/s : she tends to forget the vocabulary that i taught her :/ but its all right, practice makes perfect).

After awhile, Felice came over to join us which is a good news, to me at least. On that day itself I was actually feeling unwell but just so I can make a great first impression at the first day of working, I came to a decision that I should be there with her. What's the worst that can happen to me on that day? My aunty asked us whether we want to join her for a meeting at the mini prayer mountain which is 30 minutes away from the longhouse. 


passing by SMK Bario

you must be kidding me, right?


Okay, I can predict something bad will happen to me, again.. Like, being stuck in the traffic jam and badly need to go to the bathroom... that sort of bad experiences. But Felice and I still agreed to go with her. Momma, my stomach is rumbling again :( "it's okay girl, you can do this!" I whispered while I stuffed half a roll of toilet tissue in my bag pack. On our way up to the hill, I was really amused with the scenery and truly enjoyed the view of the mountains covered with mist. Not to mention, at the same time I was praying to God that I wish there will be toilet around the area just in case, in case. 






The rest of the story may sounds more interesting and also considered as the most exciting part of my mini prayer mountain story. For further information, do contact Xara: 123-4567890. Again, Bario is such a relaxing, calm and beautiful place! To those who wish to get away from the busy and restless city life, do consider Bario. 

view from the mini prayer mountain
Xara

No comments:

Post a Comment