Monday 4 August 2014

Last night in Bario

Pulled an all nighter to prevent myself from sleeping was a REALLY hard to do task. Sleeping was one hard inevitable thing and I really struggled to keep my eyes from shutting. I knew that if I were to  fall asleep, my last day in Bario would end very soon... 

The last day in Bario was quite an emotional day. Some of us like myself and Aping were not prepared to leave our dear Sina so soon. It was a hard task to do. We tried to hold back our tears and smile like everything's going to be alright.

As soon as our lady arrived, we rushed to hug her tight and welcomed her to the common area in the longhouse where we always had dinner. But then she stopped us and then handed us Kelabit necklaces that were done all by herself. I felt so honoured when she helped us to wear them as gratitude for being so close to her. 

From Aunty Dayang

But then when we almost started to shed tears, I quickly shifted my attention and asked for my friend's camera and took pictures of the Aping and our dear Sina.

Myself, Aunty Dayang and Lian
Around 8.30 p.m., the event started its grande. I was working as one of the photographers. The event was started off by Agan, one of the project coordinators, giving his thank you speech on behalf of us and also as the coordinator of the programme. 

Then, Tepuq Sina Rang had her speech of how she felt having us on board and also presented all of us Kelabit necklaces and those who worked hard while in Bario. She hugged all of us after presenting those precious necklaces. Touched by the scene while taking pictures, I got teary.

Some of us like Ashley, Keller, Gloria and Kimberly performed "poco-poco", one of the Bario pop dances. It was fun and exciting. 



After that all of us sang the song "Bario Heart" written by us and also Cup song by Anna Kedrick.



Bario Song
Credits to Jeremy Chin for recording :)

The Cup Song
Credits to Jeremy Chin for recording :)

It was a very unforgettable night, I am truly thankful to have met all these people in Bario. I am thankful for that and I cherish them.

Ruran
Ji Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment