Sunday 3 August 2014

The Italian Guy


My lady, Sinah Supang, is so caring and loving. I was so shocked when I first met her because she spoke English with me when I thought she could only understand.

Then I started to teach her English words with the things around her. She was very cute in when it came to learning English because she would keep repeating the same words while doing a movement so she could remember it easier. For example, she would say the words 'throw away' while throwing the rubbish away.

She likes to joke around and usually we will sing together when we work at the farm, garden or paddy field. She is very patient in learning English although she always says her English is not good.

A few days before I left, we were walking home from the paddy field when we saw an Italian tourist. My sinah was so excited and she started to talk to the Italian guy in English. They talked a lot, from asking directions to discussing random things like Christmas hats. During their conversation, I was just standing at the side and watching them talk. I was so impressed and happy with her!

T
Before this, my sinah always seemed to be very shy and she told me that she is scared to talk to foreigners because of their accent. But in this situation she seemed so professional and talked with confidence. I was so happy that after the conversation, I kept praising her.

And now, she will speak English with me and she tells me that English is fun! I am so happy and glad that I managed to bring some change to her life as well as to myself. I wish to one day go back and meet her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment