Sunday 3 August 2014

Rain Adventure


"Omg, what is that sound?" 
"Tractor. Or maybe waterfall."
"Waterfall in Bario, reallyyy?"
"Oh wait, I think that's the rain and it is coming towards us. RUN NOWWWWWWW!!! Run! x5"




It was a long day hanging out with my aunty and Vio kindly asked me if I would like to join her to meet her tepu'. (She planned to make Div and I act as the tourists and so her tepu' will try to communicate with us in English. Yup, that's the plan) the conversation above happened while three of us were walking towards her tepu's paddy field. 



The funny thing is when I shouted 'run', I actually meant by running down the hill, not the other way round. (That scene was exactly like those natural disaster movies whenever one of them will say the exact same line as mine!) These two fellow friends really panicked at that time and a person like Vio who likes to chill can even run faster than me. Oh why. I can't stop laughing at how both of them trying to escape from the rain and eventually all of us are soaky wet. 

Both Div and I were basically "shuffling" in our favourite flippers due to the moist soil. I think we just had the most intense abs work out laughing at each other. Two hours of waiting till the rain stopped while chilling under an unfinished house nearby tepu' Ribet's paddy field. The view was incredible. By the way, we had a long nice talk!




During this 16 days of volunteer trip, i had so much memorable and meaningful experiences that made me love this small town even more. Thank you, Project WHEE, thank you, my project coordinators for giving me an opportunity to experience a different lifestyle. Thank you, my friends, for being such awesome bunch of people. 

Xara

No comments:

Post a Comment