Sunday 3 August 2014

The Day Before We Left






First of all, I would like to thank eHomemakers and Project WHEE for giving diploma students from School of Education a golden opportunity to participate in this project in Batch 1. It has been such good 16 days spent in Bario. Knowing that I am going home in another 24 hours made me realize that how fast time flies. There are so much to be thankful for and so many great memories of all the great times all of us have shared.




Here comes to our last dinner in Tepu' Sinah Rang's homestay before we leave the town. Words can't describe how delicious the food is in Bario. I could not imagine my life without crispy fried chicken wings and their amazingly sweet pineapples. 




Cultural night was the main highlight of the day! Our tepu-tepu' looked incredibly stunning in their Kelabit traditional wear and some of them even made an effort to put on make-up at that night! The longhouse was filled with joy, laughter and happiness as the students from Curtin University joined us as well. I had so much fun dancing poco-poco with the others. I am totally in love with the wonderful people of Bario especially my tepu-tepu', their grandchildren and so many more. (P/s: also my massage customers!)


Tears streamed down my face the moment I lay down on my bed hoping to stay for another night, cause I knew it will be some time till I meet them again. I really cherish every moment I had in Bario and also with the other 10 participants. Can't wait to hear from batch 2 and batch 3 after this! :)  

Xara (Ganit)

No comments:

Post a Comment