Friday 1 August 2014

My Little Kampung Adventures: Part 1

Here are some of my memorable and funny kampung lifestyle experiences! Hope you enjoy reading it!

LEARNING TO USE THE PARANG AND CUT GRASS

Tepu Bulan has a pineapple and tapioca plantation. We go to her plantation every Tuesdays and Thursdays depending on the number tapioca order she gets from her neighborhood. Tepu did not let me to use the parang in the first week of my stay at Bario. She only let me to throw away the tree’s stem at the dumping area. She was afraid that I might injure myself but I convinced her with a sentimental reason like “ Tepu, in K.L we cannot use parang to cut grass and I had never experienced holding a parang. I am going to leave in 3 days time. Please Tepu?” Tepu was convinced and she let me to cut the grass around the smallest tapioca tree that she could find. I cut the grasses around the tree and ended up cutting the tree together. I made a huge mess on myself. There were grasses sticking all over my t-shirt and shorts as well as some on my hair. Tepu was laughing and told me that I am very funny. Hahaha! Tepu Bulan let me to cut more grasses and I became a skillful grass cutter without making a huge mess. So proud of myself!

LEARNING TO RIDE BICYCLE


I am an undergraduate student, 19 years old, living in the city but you know what is most embarrassing thing is; I DON’T KNOW HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE. How “interesting”! However, thank God for making Jessica Yew exist in my life just to be my Mahaguru in riding bicycle. Honestly, the last time I learned to ride bicycle was from my brother and it earned me nothing but just a slap from him. How nice of my brother! I "love" him so much! So, Ms. Nicole’s son, Dom allowed me to ride his bicycle (so sweet of him) and I was so excited. Jess taught me how to balance the bicycle which took a good 15 minutes and I still could not balance the bicycle. Then, she hold the bicycle’s handles and guided me. I had zero knowledge on riding bicycle so when Jess was trying to push me forward I kept on pressing the brakes which made the bicycle to not move. It was such a funny experience and we could not stop laughing throughout the whole time. Despite her backbone ache, Jess was so wiling to spend time and teach me to ride a bicycle. It was a nice bonding session with Jess and I really appreciate her help even though I did not fully learn how to ride a bicycle! 
Jess and Div riding bicycle!
A video of my wonderful cycling experience with Jess.
              



No comments:

Post a Comment