Wednesday 1 October 2014

Nenek Ros + Me ---> JALAN JALAN


Today, Nenek Ros and I decided to take a walk to Tom Harrisson's monument. The monument is located up the tiny hill. The monument was built to commemorate the aid dropped from parachutes by the British and Australian commandos with the command of Major Tom Harrisson. The aid was to help the locals to fight the Japanese during the period of war at that moment.

Nenek is a good storyteller, while snacking and having the cool wind blowing our hair, she describes the war and how tough life was during that time.

Tapioca then became a staple food for most people at that time and family members have to be separated from each other without knowing when they will see each other again.


This was the view that we saw overlooking from the hill. From far ahead, we can see people working on the paddy fields, some children playing around after school and students riding bicycles going for their adventure of the day. The feeling of peace and serenity is very calming.

Nenek Ros always generous giving love unconditionally
In Bario, there is a lot opportunity to enjoy wonderful views of paddy fields, and the skies and sceneries.

Nenek and I walk when we have to go to the clinic or when we want to go to town to sell vegetables. I enjoy my walks with Nenek so much because it was also one of the things that bonded us more together.

Besides, I get to stay fit ! A few things that we saw when we jalan-jalan cari ABC (shaved ice) which is both Nenek and my favourite food.

Don't you find skies fascinating? I know I do! 
We saw pretty flowers like this along the sidewalk



A mother hen making sure all its chicks crosses the road. 
Nenek and me after jalan-jalan. 

There are so many memories that I have built with Nenek Ros that I will never forget.

Signing off,
YeeWan.

No comments:

Post a Comment