Tuesday 22 July 2014

The Bario Pineapple

Pineapple was once was the fruit I hated the most in my life because it cuts my tongue when I eat it. My 'hate' for pineapple changed when I reached Bario.

The first fruit I ate in Bario was pineapple. I had it when I followed my lady, Tepu' Sinah Supang, to her pineapple farm. My mission there was to remove the grass that surrounded the pineapple plants.

At first, I thought it was an easy job but it really wasn't! Pineapple plants have spiked leaves so whenever I tried to remove the grass around it, the leaf will attack my poor and thin skin. 

My sinah and I worked for a few hours before taking a break. She opened one pineapple for me to try! Oh my... I tell you, the taste was so unbelievable! It tasted like heaven...so sweet and so juicy that you don't need to bring water when you go there work! I fell in love with the pineapple here so much that it became one of my favorite fruits. 

My sinah holding a Bario pineapple before opening it. 

I followed my sinah to her pineapple farm for the next two days and helped her remove the grass around the area. The cruel pineapple plant's sharp leaf continued to abuse my poor hand but it was fine for me! Just like when you love someone, you will be willing to do everything for him/her. The same went for me with the pineapples!


I was willing to be abused by the spiky leaves as long as I could eat the pineapple. I found it so crazy because I once hated it but now... I don't!


My first time cutting a pineapple! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment