Wednesday 1 October 2014

Because This is What Memories Are Made Of.


Missing Rhon! 
Hi everyone! This is a picture of Batch 3 of Project WHEE!.

Well, most of us met each other for the first time, only having seen pictures of each other through Facebook. But, throughout the whole 16 days, we became a family. Bario was a wonderful experience, and the best part of it overall was not only the Bario community but the family of 16 days that I came with.

The chance to meet others who have the same passion and interests to contribute back to society.

Bario has showed me that I have more to be grateful for than I could ever imagine.
Bario showed me that really sometimes, it's the simple things that can bring joy.
Whether it was to share fruits together
Or having a game of ball in the paddy field.
All these made me happy.


Climbed Prayer Mountain (GIRL WITH MUSCLES ! BETTER NOT MESS WITH US!)
After dinner together - gether !




Sang songs at the common area where we hangout.


After our mudfight!
We're stuck with each other. WHEE FAMILY!
When it was time for us to part back to KL, it was really as if we were only there yesterday. I woke up in the morning, looking at every place, really taking it in that I'm actually leaving now. I know each of us will always remember the memories that we have built throughout our time in Bario.
Life is indeed so beautiful. There is so much to be excited about in life. There is so much to see and do.

Life is blissful.
As I'm writing this down, memories come flooding back.
Nenek Ros and me singing our favourite songs.
The cutie pies and lovely students in SK (primary) and SMK (secondary).
The time we have on weekends carrying out our community projects.
Moments when we went to the hydro dam for a shower when there was water rationing.
Having team talks and reflection in the dark with torchlights as electricity was out already for the day.

This experience has shown me what truly amazing people I have the chance to come across
 and I'm thankful for every single one of them.

I will be back. 

Signing off,
YeeWan.

No comments:

Post a Comment